Thursday, October 2, 2008

Turning the corner





Okay the pictures don't really go with the post today, but my boys are cute and they were matching (I don't do that often) so here they are!
I think there is a good possibility that we turned a corner with Bryce and preschool. He has not cried at all this week! He tells me that he whines a little but he is 4 I have decided that is what they do! On Tuesday before we left home he told me that he thought he was afraid of Temple Tots (scary place, I know, ha ha). I asked him why and he said that sometimes he has to pee and Miss Stacy says that it is another boy's turn in the bathroom. I guess he was afraid of having an accident at school, in front of his friends and probably more importantly Miss Stacy! I explained to him that all he has to do is tell Stacy that he has to go bad and can't wait and she will do her best to let him go! Well, that seemed to fix his issues! He didn't cry that day when I dropped him off and today I detected a hint of a smile! Plus, he has been voluntarily talking about school and the kids and what he did during the day! Turning 4 and knowing that he could go to the bathroom when he really needed to may have been the ticket! I won't declare him cured of his school fits just yet, but it looks like we could be on our way!
I need to go clean my house. Our bible study starts back up tonight and I am very excited but I want there to actually be carpet you can see when people get here! I have missed our group, although I was relieved for the break at the time that we took it - I was 37 1/2 weeks pregnant! I am ready to start back in, here's to diving into Acts!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Jayme,
Congrats on the school thing...I know it's always good when you feel like there has been progress! Tell everyone we said "hello" this evening!

Patty said...

He's just getting to be a grown up boy, you know? It's probably the being 4 and getting to jump off the top of the stage at church--if you can do that, you can do anything! He's finally arrived to the age that Ben was when he was able to do so many cool things. Yeah!!! Love the pictures! I need some of them!!! :)