Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Superheros and Jack o lanterns!















Josh promised Bryce that this Halloween they could carve a pumpkin into a Jack O Lantern, so Bryce and Nana picked out a pumpkin at Walmart and this past Saturday since it was a "no work" day for Josh they got to work. Bryce could hardly wait to take off the "hat" but was soon disgusted by what he found inside! With all of his texture issues, I guessed this is what would happen but he would not let the "guts" near him.







This was his face when I asked what he thought of what was inside the pumpkin! I told him that some people take out the seeds and toast them and eat them. His response was "you and Daddy can but I am not"




They had a blast though and Bryce wanted to make sure his pumpkin looked "friendly" much to Daddy's frustration because "friendly" pumpkins have round eyes! They got it done though and we put a candle in it and every evening Josh or I have gone out to light the candle and Bryce doesn't realize this (he doesn't pay attention to life sometimes) so he thinks he has a magic pumpkin that turns on at night!!


Don't you love matching pajamas - less annoying than constant matching outfits but just as cute! They were both happy to be dressed as Batman, even though I am sure Collin had no idea what was going on! Josh put Collins pjs on him and told me that in the body they fit him really well but the sleeves and legs were a bit too long well, when I looked this morning, I had accidentally gotten him a 24 months in the pajamas! And they were not extremely big, he may catch Bryce soon!
One more thought for the day...we had another thing to add to our "list" the other night. Josh had to threaten to put Bryce in the corner if he did not quit "barking"! Oh the things you have to say as a parent!
"Woos, woos" - Bryce...translated "Woof, woof"

1 comment:

Patty said...

Sweet pictures of the jack-o-lantern and your boys. Love the jammies. And, of course, I'm shocked that the doggie game got out of hand. I know that when I was there, the "woos, woos" was still going on. :) Love that boy!! Well, both of them for that matter.