Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bugs and Birthday Bummers!

Well, I am supposed to be preparing to welcome party guests in just about an hour and a half but instead I am sitting at the computer in pajama pants and a t-shirt and hoping that no one else starts throwing up! Bryce started yesterday morning/early afternoon with a stomach bug. He threw up 4 times before we made him lay down for a nap. After he woke up from that and an unplanned nap in the floor, he said he felt better and wanted to eat so he ate toast and Sprite and then asked for a Popsicle so he ate that too, then went to bed. At about 11 pm, I heard him in the bathroom throwing up again, bummer. He threw up 2 more times before 9:30 am, so we decided to postpone his party and have it on Monday, given no one else in our house is sick. It absolutely broke my heart to have to do that, he was very much looking forward to his party. I am praying round the clock that God will protect all of the rest of us, my baby just wants to celebrate turning 4! We are especially praying that Collin doesn't get it, at such a young age, a bug like this can be very dangerous! Just keep us in your prayers and hopefully I will be posting on Tuesday about the wonderful 4Th birthday party. Regardless, my first baby will be 4 on Monday, that seems like such a big boy age! I can't believe how the last 4 years has zoomed by!

2 comments:

Patty said...

haha....I just read your post--check out my blog, I posted about the "bug" also. Reading yours made me very sad though--I hate it that Bryce got sick for his party! He was so looking forward to it. But, just think what a big day he's going to get to have on Monday!!! He will be SO happy. We're praying that no one else gets it, that's for sure. Love you all.

sherry said...

Happy Birthday Bryce.....I am so sorry you are sick, hope Monday you can enjoy your day!