Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthdays and Bugs - Again!






Well, it happened, my little guy turned 4! It doesn't seem like it is even possible for it to have been 4 years ago since I spent 28 hours in labor bringing this little guy into the world! The last four years have been filled with ups and downs, easy days and hard days but such is the life with kids, I quickly learned from this fellow!! It is hard to believe someone when they tell you how much you will love your kids until that first one comes and you get a good look at them for the first time, it is a love that you have never had before but amazingly can feel over and over because when the next one comes you love them just as much! God has blessed Mommies and Daddies with that ability to love each and every kid 100%, and that gift could only come from God because it is hard to comprehend until you feel it and you just know!


Anyway, Bryce got to have his special day. We took him to lunch and to Petland and purchased him an aquarium and 4 fish (since he was 4 and all). He was absolutely thrilled! But the excitement didn't end there, he got to have his party. He had a great party with a houseful - literally - of friends and family. His friends Ben and Anna Kate even got to come from South Point (thanks guys - it made his birthday really special)! There were kids and babies all over the place! It was a great party and he had a great time!


The next day he got to take birthday snack to school. He took Ohio State cupcakes to the kids in his class and thought that was great! He was a little whiny from just recovering from his bug and being up late from his party but he still thought it was a big deal!


But Tuesday night, I got the dreaded bug! I lost a whole day being in bed. It was like Wednesday never happened! I have been so blessed with a wonderful husband who saw to things and an awesome Mom who took care of my boys while Josh was at work! God has given me a wonderful family who is willing to help in any way that they can! Thanks Mom!!! I am on my way to getting better but the bug took with it my energy and appetite (not the best way to lose baby weight)! We are praying that it stops with me, this house has become the Clorox wipe and Lysol capital of the world, I have sprayed and wiped everything, hopefully stopping the bug in its tracks. Josh has his fishing trip coming up and Collin is too little to handle such a bug! Keep praying with us that it stops with me!

Bryce and his fish tank! He named the fish Dorothy, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow. He is his mother's son!!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Loved the birthday party--love the kid!! :) I am the one who is blessed to have a wonderful daughter, son-in-law and 2 of the sweetest little boys God ever created. I'm so glad you are feeling some better--keep resting and getting better. Love the pictures of the birthday boy--love his fish names. He certainly is YOUR son....that makes him even more special, huh? :) Love you all.