Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Showered with Blessings

On Saturday some friends in our church threw a baby shower for me and Collin. At first I was unsure of the idea of having a baby shower for my second boy but when they asked if I minded, I thought why not?! It was wonderful! There was an excellent turnout of people from my families (blood, marriage, and church!)! People are so sweet and generous, God has definitely blessed us with a great group of people in our lives. Throughout my pregnancy, I have found it super easy to become frustrated and aggravated with people in general. Especially since our pastor left in February, it has been super easy to get frustrated with things at church because everything just seems harder now, thank you raw emotions and hormone overload! God really used the entire shower experience to humble me and to teach me a lesson! God's love in brothers and sisters in Christ is bigger than our circumstances! Josh and I were blown away by the love that we were shown through the shower itself (thank you soooooo much to the Beckett ladies) and the gifts that people in the church brought for us and Collin! I felt extremely blessed throughout the entire day! And one big reason is...
This may be a long post because I had one exciting day! Sitting at my shower waiting to begin, I had my back to the door and my Granny pointed to someone walking in and made a surprised noise and face. When I turned around to see what the fuss was about, Jennifer, our former pastor's wife and most importantly a very good friend was walking through the door. My mom and Grace B. had conspired together and invited her to come down for my shower. I was very excited to see her! I know there are others too, but I have missed her and her family soooo much since they moved back in February (really Jennifer, you don't know how much!!)! Then I found out that not only was she at the shower but Scott and the kids had come to and they were at my house so the kids could play with Bryce! I knew that my little guy's day had been made, he had missed Ben and Anna Kate so much and I knew the chance to play with them would be more than exciting for him! They also got to stay through the evening and we got to have a wonderful visit with them and the kids got to play some more! Watching them together again was great and sad at the same time, but it was great to get to see them and spend time with them. So, thanks to all involved in getting them here and thanks Duncans for the best gift you could have given, coming and visiting with us!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad we got to come. It was great to be with you guys! We wouldn't have missed it! Take care of yourself these last few weeks. We'll be praying for the big day! Love ya, Jennifer