Friday, May 9, 2008

That "Sunny" boy!

First of all Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms!! My sweet boy is really just realizing what mother's day is this year and when we were talking about it he told me "mommy, I will get you lots of "sings" (things) for Muzzer's Day, lots of girl "sings""! Of course, I just thought that was the sweetest, cutest thing ever! Then Wednesday night on the way to church he started "thinking" out loud about what he could get for me. His list included a head lamp (yes, one of those light things that goes on your head!) and a new steering wheel! Then I mentioned to Josh that I would really like to have a baby sling/carrier that is called a Peanut shell and there is nothing said near Bryce that gets by him so he added a "peanut shell" to the list. He probably thinks he has the world's weirdest mommy that she would want him to give her a peanut shell! But all he knows is that is what mommy would like to have. There is a big heart inside that little guy!
On that subject, he is finally getting okay with the idea of praying. It used to freak him out a little. He is now getting into having things to pray about! The last 2 Wednesday nights at prayer meeting he has raised his little hand and given his request out loud! And at 3 you may think that it would be for things he wanted or boo boos that he had but it wasn't. Last week he wanted to pray for "his Baby Collin" (we are just thrilled he has adjusted to the idea of a brother!) and this week I was having some major back issues with pregnancy and he raised his hand and told Papaw he wanted to pray for his mommy's back! The faith of children can be astounding at times, he knows exactly where to take his request when he is worried about someone!!
One more "Bryce story" and this one is pure entertainment! Yesterday him and I went to WalMart with Aunt Kiki and Mia and before we could get out of their driveway he had to pee! It is kind of a struggle for me with my giant belly to get all thirty some pounds of him in and out of the car seat so when he was done peeing I had him climb into the car and into his car seat on his own. When he was about halfway in the car seat he said in a strained voice "mommy, I can't do this anymore, I am too "sat"(fat)" Where does he come up with this stuff?!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I'm sorry that you didn't get your head lamp for Mother's Day, but I hope you enjoy your relaxation. Thanks for spending the weekend celebrating Josh's graduation with him--I know that he appreciated it and I did too. Love you!