Saturday, May 3, 2008

My big boy!


Well, whether I am ready or not my baby is going to school. We got the call on Thursday (thanks, Stacy!) that Bryce will be able to have a spot at Temple Tots in a 3's class so he will start preschool when school starts in the fall! I was thrilled! He really needs the interaction with other kids his own age. Being the only kid in Sunday school and children's church alot has not done much for him socially!! He also needs the time with someone else in charge that is not me or another member of our family. There are just so many positives to him going to preschool!! We have made it clear to him that we are not sending him to school because the new baby is coming but that is another nice thing for me is that will make it easier to spend individual time with both of my boys!
As, excited as I am for him, he was that much upset. He has made his feelings about the possibility of preschool well known to everyone! He DOES NOT want to go! So when I told him that Stacy had called with great news, he started crying! The crying didn't last long though but it went to anger, his favorite thing to say that day was " I am so mad sor (for) school"! I tried to tell him all of the great points for him and how much fun he would have. I even told him that I went to that school when I was younger but all that mattered to him was that his "best buddy, unca(uncle) Josh" had gone there too! He did seem to perk up after that and even told Nana and Papaw that there was great news about HIS school. Of course the great news was that they had beds and a playground! When you are 3 these things matter! Hopefully in the next 3 1/2 months we can convince him that this is a great idea and he will be all ready when the time rolls around! He will after all be a big brother by then!!

No comments: